A five-day course that covers dental radiology, tooth extractions, instrument knowledge; theoretical and practical work. Lectures and applications during the course will also give you the tools to give animal owners advice about practical oral hygiene and prevention of the most common dental problems in dogs and cats.
Course goal: Get the knowledge you need about oral anatomy to identify and treat the most common oral diseases. This is the first module of two, which will give you a broad base and prepare you for our more advanced courses.
• Oral/dental anatomy and physiology
• Oral embryology and developmental defects
• History taking and oral examination technique
• Dental radiography
• Oral microbiology
• Immunology and basics of wound healing
• Periodontology – Aetiology and pathogenesis
• Radiographic interpretation
• Use of antibiotics in dentistry
• Basic concepts and ergonomics in dentistry
• Periodontology – Non-surgical periodontal therapy
• Dental extractions: indications, closed technique
• Dental extractions: open technique
• Plaque control and prevention
• Case management – a clinical case
• Aseptic techniques and preparation of a patient
• Oral examination and dental radiography technique
• Radiography and Radiology
• Periodontal therapy and radiography
• Open and closed extractions in dogs.
• Practice set-up and management